Sustainable manufacturing is the creation of manufactured products through economically-sound processes that minimize negative environmental impacts while conserving energy and natural resources. At ProSonix we are committed to supporting sustainable practices for our products, our customers, and our community. Our direct steam injection heating technology provides many benefits to support this goal.
Reducing the Carbon footprint
- ProSonix heaters use 100% of the available energy in the steam for fluid heating. Conventional heaters, such as heat exchangers, use only 70-75% of the available energy. This reduces your fuel costs and shrinks your carbon footprint.
- Our ProSonix heaters & Jet Cookers are used in the production of fuel ethanol by processing renewable resources made from plant biomass and grain starch.
- Anaerobic digestion for methane production from food process and agricultural waste solids for biogas use in gas generators, boiler fuel, & engines.
- Our heaters are made of almost 100% steel and other recyclable materials. Steel is one of the more eco-friendly materials. As the useful life of the PSX Heater expires, the steel components can be sent to steel recyclers for steel mills to use the scrap to produce new steel.
- We use environmentally friendly packing materials that can be recycled.
- Our sustainable heater design also enhances employee, community and product safety with solutions optimizing plant sanitation hot water, Clean-in-Place (CIP) hot water for sanitizing food, beverage, and meat processing plants.
Contact ProSonix today to learn more on how we can help improve your plant sanitation hot water needs.