Steam Injection Heating for Slurries and Fibrous Fluids
Heating of slurries and aggressive fluids that are difficult to pump can present challenges for heat exchangers and common steam spargers. ProSonix inline steam injection heaters are designed to process hi solids, hi viscosity slurries and sludge. The PSX I Series and J Series deliver high velocity steam into the slurry which provides a completely mixed product without energy loss or equipment wear. The PSX series of steam injection heaters are commonly used for:
- Pulp stock heating & pulp stock bleaching
- Anaerobic digestion of biosolids & wastewater sludges
- Hi-solids & Hi-viscosity slurries that are difficult to pump
- Fibrous Cellulosic & Biomass Ethanol
- Oil Sands (Froth Heating & TSRU) & mineral slurry processing
ProSonix is the best choice for difficult slurry applications and we offer the PSX I Series for those difficult to process fluids. The PSX I series inline injection heater and the Patented I Series angled heater deliver a thoroughly mixed product that can be installed into existing piping and requires no maintenance or downtime.
The PSX I Series Angled Radial Multi-port Steam Injector with Internally Modulated Steam Flow Control (Patent No. 8,167,278 B2)
- The Radial Multi-port Steam Jet Diffuser is angled to produce a 3-Dimensional steam injection heating pattern into the flow of the liquid. This produces more uniform steam and heat distribution allowing for improved temperature control.
- Internally modulated steam flow control design operates at choked flow conditions (high velocity). This controls the mass flow of the steam and does not modulate steam pressure which leads to steam hammer.
- Engineered Design for Your Process Both the PSX Heater steam injector and liquid body are sized separately . The Steam Injector is sized based on steam flow needs to optimize turn down and the liquid body is sized to match your piping or to address flow velocity requirements.
The PSX I-Series Inline Direct Steam Injection Heater
Unique Angled Steam Injector for 3-Dimensional Heating
- Hi-solids slurries with large particulate size
- High viscosity fluids that are difficult to pump
- Fibrous slurries such as pulp stock or biomass pretreatment
- Aggressive fluids that are abrasive or corrosive
- Mineral processing & mining slurry applications
- Sludge heating for Biogas production
- Anaerobic Digestion heating for Municipal, Industrial, and Food wastewater
- High flow and high temperature water heating applications
- Patent No. 8,167,278 B2
Steam Injection Heating for Hi-Solids Slurries, Fibrous Slurries and Wastewater Sludges
ProSonix Direct Steam Injection Heaters
- Designs for steam pressures from 15-300 psig and flowrates from 1 - 15,000 gpm
- Steam turndown 100% and liquid turndown up to 10:1.
- Modulating steam flow design (how it works) with 100% steam turndown no external steam flow control valve required
- Temperature control accuracy of +/- 1 deg F
- Self cleaning design - no mineral or scale build-up
- Materials of construction - stainless, carbon steel and special alloys upon request.
- Common Applications: Oil Sands froth heating, Tailings Solvent Recovery (TSRU), mineral leach slurry heating, sludge heating, pulp stock heating, anaerobic digestion, wastewater heating,