Heating of slurries and aggressive fluids that are difficult to pump can present challenges for heat exchangers and common steam spargers. ProSonix sludge heat exchanger products are designed to improve performance over traditional heat exchangers, steam spargers, and steam eductors. Steam mixing valves and steam sparging when done incorrectly can lead to steam hammer and poor temperature control.
- Pulp stock heating & pulp stock bleaching
- Anaerobic digestion of biosolids & wastewater sludges
- Hi-solids & Hi-viscosity slurries that are difficult to pump
- Fibrous Cellulosic & Biomass Ethanol
- Oil Sands (Froth Heating & TSRU) & mineral slurry processing
Angled Radial Multi-port Steam Injector with Internally Modulated Steam Flow Control (Patent No. 8,167,278 B2)
- The Radial Multi-port Steam Jet Diffuser is angled to produce a 3-Dimensional steam injection heating pattern into the flow of the liquid. This produces more uniform steam and heat distribution allowing for improved temperature control.
- Internally modulated steam flow control design operates at choked flow conditions (high velocity). This controls the mass flow of the steam and does not modulate steam pressure which leads to steam hammer.
- Engineered Design for Your Process Both the PSX Heater steam injector and liquid body are sized separately . The Steam Injector is sized based on steam flow needs to optimize turn down and the liquid body is sized to match your piping or to address flow velocity requirements.
Steam Injection Heating for Hi-Solids Slurries, Fibrous Slurries & Wastewater Sludges
Hi-solids slurry & Hi-viscosity FluidsTraditional steam sparging of slurries can lead to poor temperature control, limited turn down, and steam hammer. ProSonix Steam injection heater can be engineered to address issues associated with these types of slurries to insure stable heating, reliable temperature control, and to address issues such as erosion or corrosion.
Anaerobic Digestion & Wastewater Sludge HeatingSteam injection heating of wastewater sludges can optimize temperature conditions for anaerobic digestion. The PSX Heater design can help to eliminate plugging & fouling issues associated with sludge heating reducing costly maintenance down time. Wastewater heating and de-activation of waste streams can be accomplished in a single hi-temp pass through the PSX Heater. Click here to read more
Pulp Stock Heating & Fibrous Slurry HeatingHeating of fibrous slurries presents a number of challenges. Applications such as Pulp & Paper stock heating, pulp stock bleaching, and biomass cellulosic pre-treatment fiber slurries can experience temperature control, uniform heating, and steam hammer/water hammer issues. ProSonix steam injection heater is designed to optimize steam injection and steam condensation to minimize process upsets and deliver more uniform heating and process control. Click here to read more
Product Designs to Handle Most Applications
- Designs for steam pressures from 15-300 psig and flowrates from 1 - 15,000 gpm
- Steam turndown 100% and liquid turndown up to 10:1.
- Modulating steam flow design (how it works) with 100% steam turndown no external steam flow control valve required
- Temperature control accuracy of +/- 1 deg F
- Self cleaning design - no mineral or scale build-up
- Materials of construction is stainless, carbon steel and special alloys upon request.
- Common Applications: Oil Sands froth heating, Tailings Solvent Recovery (TSRU), mineral leach slurry heating, sludge heating, pulp stock heating, anaerobic digestion, wastewater heating,