ProSonix Steam Injection Heating Solutions
Direct steam injection heating is the most efficient method of processing hot water, slurry and sludge. ProSonix steam injection heaters utilize high velocity steam to thoroughly mix and heat fluids. ProSonix inline heaters offer precise temperature control, easy installation and a self-cleaning design.
Inline Steam Injection Heating
- Continuous & intermittent water heating
- Hi-volume tank heating fill
- Clean-in-Place (CIP) water heating
- Boiler feed water heating
- Hi-solids & Hi-viscosity fluids
- Wastewater heating & De-activation systems
- Jacketed reactor water heating
- Paper machine whitewater heating
- Pulp mill green liquor heating
- Steam sparging water
- Upgrading limited turndown heat exchangers
Advantages to Internally Modulated Steam Heating
No Process UpsetsHigh velocity steam flow optimizes the steam mixing and condensation with the liquid and eliminates problems with vibration/steam hammer.
No Steam Control Valve (PRV) RequiredThis method eliminates the need for an external steam control valve or downstream mechanical mixing devices.
Reliable Temperature ControlRapid and complete condensation of the steam allows for temperature reliable control of +/- 1 °F.
Self Cleaning DesignHigh velocity steam also is self cleaning and eliminates debris along scale & mineral build-up on the steam diffuser.
Lower Maintenance CostsProper condensation of the steam eliminates excessive wear on the surface of the PSX Heater’s mechanical surfaces.
Low Pressure DropTypically 1-2 psig reducing pump energy demand.
By using internally modulated steam control, the heating process will be stabilized by assuring complete condensation and mixing of the steam. This results in fewer process upsets, more reliable heating, and fewer energy losses.
How It WorksProSonix’ unique method of steam injection utilizes internally modulated steam control to precisely deliver the appropriate mass flow of steam for the required heating. This design offers a precise method of steam control through a choked flow control delivery of the steam. Choked flow is the phenomenon of accelerating a vapor to maximum velocity by creating a pressure differential through an engineered nozzle. By establishing choked flow, the steam mass flow can be metered to precisely control the heating of the liquid. This produces predictable results based on position of the stem plug. Through a variable-area steam diffuser, steam flow is metered at the point where steam and liquid first contact and mix.
ProSonix Steam Injection Heaters
- Flowrates from 1 - 15,000 gpm
- Standard designs for 150 & 300 psig steam and engineered designs for steam up to 600 psig at 600 deg F
- Steam turndown 100% and liquid turndown up to 10:1.
- Modulating steam flow design (how it works) with 100% steam turndown no external steam flow control valve required
- Temperature control accuracy of +/- 1 deg F
- Self cleaning design - no mineral or scale build-up
- Low liquid pressure drop across heater typically 1-2 psig
- Materials of construction in 316 SS, carbon steel and special alloys such as Hastelloy, Duplex stainless, etc. upon request.
- Designed in accordance with ASME B31.1 with certifications available for ASME, CRN, & PED
- Common Applications: Instant hot water, whitewater heating, boiler feedwater heating,
- Patent No. 8,167,278 B2