ProSonix Steam Water Heater SolutionsInline water heating, slurry & sludge heating, and heating other types of fluids is critical to many processes. ProSonix steam injection heaters are designed to improve performance over traditional heat exchangers, steam spargers, and steam eductors, and steam mixing valves which can lead to steam hammer and poor temperature control.
Well suited for the following applications
- Continuous & intermittent water heating
- Hi-volume tank heating fill
- Clean-in-Place (CIP) water heating
- Boiler feed water heating
- Hi-solids & Hi-viscosity fluids
- Wastewater heating & De-activation systems
- Jacketed reactor water heating
- Paper machine whitewater heating
- Pulp Mill green liquor heating
- Steam sparging water
- Upgrading limited turndown heat exchangers
How It WorksProSonix’ unique method of steam injection utilizes internally modulated steam control to precisely deliver the appropriate mass flow of steam for the required heating. This design offers a precise method of steam control through a choked flow control delivery of the steam. Choked flow is the phenomenon of accelerating a vapor to maximum velocity by creating a pressure differential through an engineered nozzle. By establishing choked flow, the steam mass flow can be metered to precisely control the heating of the liquid. This produces predictable results based on position of the stem plug. Through a variable-area steam diffuser, steam flow is metered at the point where steam and liquid first contact and mix.
ProSonix Steam Injection Heaters
- Flowrates from 1 - 15,000 gpm
- Standard designs for 150 & 300 psig steam and engineered designs for steam up to 600 psig at 600 deg F
- Steam turndown 100% and liquid turndown up to 10:1.
- Modulating steam flow design (how it works) with 100% steam turndown no external steam flow control valve required
- Temperature control accuracy of +/- 1 deg F
- Self cleaning design - no mineral or scale build-up
- Low liquid pressure drop across heater typically 1-2 psig
- Materials of construction in 316 SS, carbon steel and special alloys such as Hastelloy, Duplex stainless, etc. upon request.
- Designed in accordance with ASME B31.1 with certifications available for ASME, CRN, & PED
- Common Applications: Instant hot water, whitewater heating, boiler feedwater heating,
- Patent No. 8,167,278 B2