Industrial water heating is critical to many processes. ProSonix steam injection heaters are designed to improve performance over traditional heat exchangers, steam spargers, and steam eductors. Steam mixing valves and steam sparging, when done incorrectly, can lead to steam hammer and poor temperature control. This can lead to process upsets and limits production.
How It Works
ProSonix’ unique method of steam injection utilizes internally modulated steam control to precisely deliver the appropriate mass flow of steam for the required heating. This design offers a precise method of steam control through a choked flow control delivery of the steam. Choked flow is the phenomenon of accelerating a vapor to maximum velocity by creating a pressure differential through an engineered nozzle. By establishing choked flow, the steam mass flow can be metered to precisely control the heating of the liquid. This produces predictable results based on position of the stem plug. Through a variable-area steam diffuser, steam flow is metered at the point where steam and liquid first contact and mix.
Radial Multi-port Steam Jet Diffuser
- High velocity steam flow through engineered nozzle through a variable-area steam diffuser, steam flow is metered at the point where steam and liquid first contact and mix.
- Steam turn down of 50:1. liquid turn down up to 8:1
- Steam is delivered in a 360 degree pattern through 100s of small engineered steam jets for uniform heating.
- Precise temperature control +/- 1degree F
Common Steam Injection Heating Applications for Industrial Process Water Heating
Boiler Feed WaterPower plants and process facilities with large industrial boilers need to treat the feedwater for the boiler. Raw feedwater to supply the boiler needs to be heated to improve efficiency of the dearator. Proper temperature control by the boiler feedwater heater can optimize the hot water releasing of oxygen and reverse osmosis process. HRSG’s require an open feedwater heater to raise the feedwater temperatute to improve efficiency. Click here to read more
Cleaning, Sanitizing, & CIP (Clean-in-Place)Cleaning, sanitizing, and clean-in-place (CIP) systems all require a continuous supply of hot water to perform cleaning functions and maintain plant sanitation. Click here to read more
Inline HeatingMaintaining water loops at the propoper temperature in many process’ is critical to optimum production performance. Inefficient steam spargers and steam eductors are limited to 2:1 turndown. ProSonix steam injection heater is designed to integrate into your process with liquid Turndown up to 10:1.
Product Designs to Handle Most Applications
- Flowrates from 1 - 15,000 gpm
- Steam turndown 100% and liquid turndown up to 10:1.
- Modulating steam flow design (how it works) with 100% steam turndown no external steam flow control valve required
- Temperature control accuracy of +/- 1 deg F
- Self cleaning design - no mineral or scale build-up
- Matereials of contrustion is stainless, carbon steel and special alloys upon request.
- Common Applications: Instant hot water, whitewater heating, boiler feedwater heating
- Patent No. 8,167,278 B2